Friday, March 18, 2011

I need your design help!!

As I have mentioned before, we are moving into a new apartment on April 2nd {wow...that's soon} so I have been spending a lot of time trying to figure out what to do with the new place. It is my personality to want to have everything done the weekend we move in so, I have been racking my brain over what colors to paint the walls, where to put the furniture, what to hang on the walls, etc!! Here is where I need your help. Besides adding my furniture and painting the walls, there are just some things about the apartment that I cannot change because we are renting.....the kitchen and bathroom!

The layout of the apartment is very strange, but I am not too worried about it from a furniture standpoint. The living room and kitchen are an open to one another....this is why I am really having trouble deciding on a paint color for the space. A color that would look great with our sofa and furniture looks weird with the apartment-grade cabinetry. Here is where I am going to share a horrible {very horrible} picture that was used in the apartment ad. This is not our furniture and the person living there now is a single guy so everything is definitely mix-matched.

{ugh...the lighting is just horrible}

{the kitchen is directly opposite in this picture and
the huge master bedroom is down those stairs}

Here is a picture our our living room right now so you can get an idea of the furniture we have. This is the picture from right when we moved in so, I have made a few minor changes from this picture but you get the idea.


I would love to here any advice you can give as far as paint colors or any updates you have made to apartment kitchen or bathrooms.

Have a wonderful weekend!

post signature

No comments: